Save A Fur Baby!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

From NRP's Sweetheart Line: WINTER KISSES




Title: Winter Kisses
Release Date: 12/21/2009
Authors: Kelley Heckart, Nichelle Gregory, GR Bretz, Barbara Sheridan & Dena Celeste
Author website: http://www.kelleyheckart.com
Publisher: Noble Romance Publishing
Buy Link: http://www.nobleromance.com/
Genre: Seasonal, holiday, romance


Blurb: When Brianna decides to attend the Winter Solstice masquerade ball, she never thought she would end up kissing a handsome knight beneath the mistletoe, but they part without exchanging names and phone numbers—how will they find each other again?

Welcome Kelley, it’s nice to have you here. What is your Sizzling Release? 
My Sizzling Release is called A Winter Solstice Kiss. A young widow, a handsome knight and a ghost…

What is A Winter Solstice Kiss all about? 
At a Winter Solstice masquerade ball, a young widow shares a kiss beneath the mistletoe with a handsome knight. The problem is they forgot to exchange names and phone numbers. How will they find each other again?

What was your inspiration for this holiday treat? 
Rie sent me the submission call for this anthology and I gave it some thought. I wanted to write something about the pagan Yule celebration. It's kind of magical really because the idea just sort of came together. I thought of a young widow and I went with a masquerade ball because I thought that would be really cool for a pagan gathering. I made my hero work as a knight at Medieval Times to give it that faery tale feeling. 

Why contribute to an anthology? What’s the draw? 
Sometimes I like to writer shorter stories to give myself a break between novels. With an anthology call, you also know what the publisher is looking for and can write to those guidelines. It's a great way to meet other people in the publishing industry. 

Now for the good stuff! What is your favorite holiday memory? 
My favorite holiday memories are those quiet, intimate Christmas mornings with just my husband and my dogs opening stockings and gifts. The dogs get so excited because they know they are getting a present. They have their own stockings. LOL It's kind of silly, but we don't have kids. 



Do you go all out with decorating for the holidays? 
I don't go too crazy anymore, but I put up a small fiber optic tree and decorate it. And it's not officially Christmas until I put up my singing Yukon Cornelius. Except he doesn't sing anymore much to the relief of my husband—Silver and gold…LOL My husband puts some lights outside on the house too to give it that festive look. 


Christmas tree—live or artificial? 
I love the smell of real trees, but we opt for the fake ones now. The one we have is really beautiful and I don't have to worry about it drying out and catching on fire. 

What is your favorite way to spend Christmas day? 
I celebrate a mix of Yule and Christmas with my lighted tree and pagan Santa (he wears a green cloak, carries a staff and wears antlers like the Lord of the Forest). On Christmas Eve we have dinner with my family—my parents, siblings, etc. and on Christmas morning it's my husband, my dogs and me. For me, this time of year is about being with family and for reflection. I am always more inspired in the Fall/Winter to write. 

2010 will be upon us in the blink of an eye! Do you make New Year’s resolutions?
I haven't made any New Year's resolutions in a long time. I have one though. I would like to make a resolution to write more. That's a good one for me.

How will you celebrate New Year’s Eve this year? 
I will probably stay home and I'm sure I will be asleep before midnight. I'm a real party animal. I can't drink anymore because of health reasons so it's better for me to stay home and away from alcohol. I remember going out on New Year's Eve when I was younger and not remembering what happened or waking up on some stranger's floor. I really don't miss that at all. 

And for the grand finale—tell everyone what you have planned, publishing wise, for the New Year.  
I have two books coming out in 2010 from Awe-Struck, possibly three. The first two are the second and third books from my Dark Goddess trilogy (Beltaine's Song and Winter's Requiem) that revolves around a curse, an ancient goddess, an ancient Greek vampire and an Irish clan. It's set in Dark Age Scotland, one of my favorite time periods. The third book that may come out in 2010 or early 2011 is Night's Daughter, which is the prequel to Of Water and Dragons and Ravenwolf. Night's Daughter is set in ancient Greece and is a new twist on the battle between the Titans and Olympic gods. Though this book belongs with a series, it is a stand-alone book.
  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rie,
    Thanks for interviewing me. I am really pleased with my story. It turned out awesome thanks to the editing expertise I received from you and Jill. Happy Yule, Solstice, Midwinter & Christmas!

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelley,
    It was my pleasure. You are such an awesome writer and I loved your story so much. You have such a gift and every book of yours I've read, I've fallen in love with. The stories just stay with me long after the book ends!

    ReplyDelete